Thursday, December 04, 2014

V.V.L. - Neun Pforten (Demos) 2006

From Oberhausen come V.V.L. (Verhängnis Voller Leichtsinn) and this post includes unpublished material which were recorded in 2006, I am not sure but 2009 these three gentlemen were as The Landlords active and they have self-produced CD published. First of all I must say that it's really sad that no label has discovered this band. Much new shit is thrown to the market which is not very innovative and bands which not against the state, society or beer drinkin' have marginal chances to gain a foothold here. There is little scope left. OK, I'm watching the market not really but when I get sometimes a catalog and among the many re-releases does not appear much shattering, you know. Then I listen to the new stuff on youtube then I think "No One Needs This". Maybe it's some of you as well. I hope any label get in touch with V.V.L. because they deserve more attention. Zur Musik hier: The band provides with their sound a melancholy undertone and walks the Mönchengladbach paths. Twelve Punksongs in 40 minutes all in all, distinctive voice + driving guitars, excellent combination of bass & drums and the very professional recording is another plus point. Lyrically critical, emotionally and rousing. Visit them on MySpace for more infos, gigs and songs. For me; great songs from an interesting band. Brett!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment