Sunday, May 31, 2015

BRATS - The Lost Tapes 1979

Freshly regenerated and full steam ahead into the blog business with this hot record. The Lost Tapes is exactly what it is, lost recordings of this old danish punk band and this rare piece of vinyl was released in 2008, which was actually their first album, but was never released before and there only classics on it. Brats were from Copenhagen and formed in 1977 as a punk band. Original line-up featured Hank Shermann (real name Rene Krolmark, at that time known as Hank de Wank) on guitar, vocalist Franz De Zaster, drummer Eddie Haircut and bassist Mickey Rat. After recording songs for danish Pære Punk compilation, the band split up in 1979, not much later reforming as a heavy metal band with new members. So this album is one of my all time faves and if you listen to you know why.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Michael
    It sounds rawer than their stuff included in the Bloodstains across Denmark.
    I enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I don't think I have this. I know I have the 1980 LP on cd. But not this one I don't think. Many blessings to you, I hope you are well and in a better spot today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah mates, these recordings are by far the best cuts they have ever recorded, a CD Version is not known to me.
    @ nekrodad: I'm still in a crisis and move around like a lost. Have become very quiet.Time heals a shit you know......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i do know, and it really never gets easier matey. But you learn to live again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you're right, I'll do my best.

      Delete
  5. You should my man, I know many things. Oh the brats cd I have is the 1980 album. I looked last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Link doesn´t work :( any chance of re-upload it? Tia (thanks in advance)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!Thank you very much You're the "Punker boss" haha.Enjoy the night ,my friend :)

    ReplyDelete