Wednesday, September 23, 2015

RIFF RAFF - I Wanna Be A Cosmonaut EP 1978

In 1977, Billy Bragg formed the punk rock/pub rock band Riff Raff, and toured London's pubs and clubs. The band released a series of singles, which did not receive wide exposure and so the band disbanded 1981. This first EP was released on Chiswick Records and it's awesome. What a pity that the record was at that time not very successful, which I cannot really understand because there are four punkrock classics that kicks not exactly in the ass but still catchy & snotty and all of you who know Billy Bragg as solo performer you will be surprised how crazy this man was and still is. And today??.. you pay a lot coins for a copy, crazy or? I like the EP and I can listen to it everday and maybe you agree with me. In 2002 came out a compilation CD with all the singles on BMG.


No comments:

Post a Comment