Saturday, April 16, 2016

V/A - Keihard En Swingend! 1978

‘Keihard & Swingend’ (Rock-hard & Swinging) is a live registration of Dutch punk and new wave bands in 1978. Recorded live 12/13 and 14 February 1978 at Paradiso/Amsterdam and the result is astonishing. The a-side is more punkrock stuff with bands you might know while the b-side belongs to the new wave bands. The sound is quite good for a thirty years old recording and the feeling seamlessly spills over. On the back cover are some liner notes and if somenone would translate then I would use the info here in this short description (my dutch is extreme rusty). This compilation was released on EMI-Bovema Holland, maybe one of the best release by that so-called major label. Great document from the early dutch underground scene.

1.I Dunno - SAMMY AMERICA'S GASPHETTI
2.Working For The Company - SUBWAY
3.Get You In My Train - WHIZZ GUY
4.Tennis-Shoes - SUZANNES
5.My Past - SAMMY AMERICA'S GASPHETTI
6.Dead Or Alive - PANIC
7.Don't Tell Me What I've Got To Do - CAPTAIN COKE
8.Tutti Ragazzi - THE NITS
9.Simple Song - SYLPH
10.Blind Man Lost His Guide-Dog - TURF
11.Don't Send Us Away - CILINDERS
12.I'm A Millionaire - THE LIZARDS


No comments:

Post a Comment